Bordeaux Merignac Airport (BOD)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Bordeaux Airport (BOD) is situated about 12 km / 7.5 miles from Bordeaux city centre. You can access the airport by exiting at junctions 11A or 11B of the A630 ring road which surrounds Bordeaux.
Located on the south-western side of France, Bordeaux Airport is close to the coastline and lies on the western side of the city. The airport is particularly close to Mérignac, which is located to the east, Pessac and Gradignan to the south-east, and Saint-Jean d'Illac to the west.
Directions to Bordeaux Airport (BOD) from Merignac:
Directions to Bordeaux Airport (BOD) from the north:
- From the city centre, take Avenue Rene Cassin or Avenue JF Kennedy toward Cap Ferret and Bassin d'Arcachon
- Either avenue will lead you directly to the airport
Directions to Bordeaux Airport (BOD) from the south:
- Head south on the A10 Highway until you reach the ring road that surrounds Bordeaux
- Exit the ring road at either junction 11A or 11B and follow signs for the airport
Directions to Bordeaux Airport (BOD) from the east / west:
- Take either Highway A62 or Highway A63 north to the ring road that surrounds Bordeaux
- Exit at junction 11A or 11A and follow signs for the airport
- There are no major highway routes into Bordeaux from the east or the west of the city. Major roads come in from the north and south of the city
The roads accessing Bordeaux Airport (BOD) may experience traffic delays during the morning and evening rush hours, and also during busy holiday periods. If you plan on driving to the airport at peak times, be sure to leave in plenty of time, so that you are not late for check-in.
Bordeaux Merignac Airport (BOD): Virtual Google Maps